Last year, I applied to twelve masters programs (eleven in creative writing, fiction, and one in folklore). I was rejected by five, waitlisted by one, and accepted by six. I’m currently working on my masters in folklore at the University of Oregon. I don’t have much time at the moment, but maybe in the next couple of days, I’ll muse upon my writing process and probably post other application materials. Till then, have some statement of purposes.
As you’ll see, they’re all quite similar. But by reading and considering them en masse, you’ll see how I tweaked each statement for each program.
- Oregon State University
- University of Oregon (creative writing)
- University of San Francisco
- University of Victoria
- University of Washington
- University of British Columbia (this one’s technically a cover letter)
- California College of the Arts
- Eastern Washington University
- Portland State University
- San Francisco State University
- University of Oregon (folklore)
- Western Washington University